Urethane for marine/maritime usage is growing rapidly because of its incredible flexibility, versatility and strength. The ability to “dial in” urethane to your marine specifications allows for parts and equipment exactly suited to your requirements. With urethane there is no water absorption, it can carry high loads, it’s non-marking, has good UV stabilization and strongly resists the growth of algae and/ or fungus. Best of all, tooling & mold costs for urethane are low often under $200.
Our urethane products are currently used in many marine applications including
Marine Products Usage
- Flexible Grab Handles
- Wheels For Canopies
- Ice Chests
Current Marine Product Usage Of American Urethane Products
- Motor & Sail Yachts
- US Navy Ships
- US Coast Guard Vessels
- Several Other Types Of Craft Such As Small Pleasure Boats
Important Aspects Of Usage In Urethane In Marine Applications
- Urethane can be formulated hard for drilling, taping & casting odd shapes.
- Urethane can be formulated for bumpers, door stops, seals, etc.
- A current US Coast Guard patrol boat uses our urethane mounting blocks to hold a polyethylene foam collar to the hull of its boat.
- Urethane can be colored to match wood, brass or brightly colored (florescent orange) to help identify dangerous areas as rope pulleys.
- Urethanes have great vibration and shock absorbing properties.
- Urethanes can be drilled or glued to fiberglass.
- Temperature Ranges: 250° F (121°C) to -70°F (-57°C). Not recommended for on engine applications.
Product Engineers Prefer Urethane
Urethane parts provide longer service life when compared to plastics and rubber, and lower noise abatement properties when compared to metals. For these and many other reasons product engineers specify urethane components.
Whether you are designing a new marine piece of equipment or vessel or need to replace existing marine parts, American Urethane, Inc. is the company you can trust to deliver a quality custom-molded urethane part, on time, and at a reasonable price.